On Friday, the U.S. House overwhelmingly rejected two unconstitutional resolutions pertaining to Obama’s attack on Libya.
The first would have authorized the attack for a period of a year. The second was peddled as a war limitation measure. It would have given Obama authority to continue not only the Libya attack, but other kinetic military actions currently underway.
“Mr. Speaker I rise to oppose this legislation, which masquerades as a limitation of funds for the president’s war on Libya but is in fact an authorization for that very war,” Texas representative Ron Paul said before the resolutions failed.
According to HR 2278, the US military cannot be involved in NATO’s actions in Libya, with four important exceptions. If this passes, for the first time the president would be authorized to use US Armed Forces to engage in search and rescue; intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance; aerial refueling; and operational planning against Libya. Currently, absent an authorization or declaration of war, these activities are illegal. So instead of ending the war against Libya, this bill would legalize nearly everything the president is currently doing there.
Paul said he would support any “straight and clean” prohibition on illegal authority to team up with the United Nations and NATO against Libya.
During an appearance on the Alex Jones Show on Tuesday, Paul noted that presidents have waged war without constitutional authority since Truman and the creation of the national security state. North Korea, Vietnam, Bosnia, now Libya – all are illegal exercises of military power, Paul explained. Presidents now get token permission from Congress to start wars.
“I was surprised too see congressman [Jerrold] Nadler, a big Democrat, come out and say Obama is becoming an emperor just as you said weeks ago, [this would be] the last nail in the republic’s coffin if Congress lets the president not even consult Congress and say ‘my authority comes from the UN, I’ve done this for the legitimacy of the UN,’” Alex Jones said during the interview. “Sir, is that not sedition? Is that not treason? Is it not impeachable what president Obama has done with this whole Libya thing and now they are getting the whole ground invasion ready?”
“Sure,” Ron Paul replied.
If the appropriation bill passes, Paul warned, it will codify illegal and unconstitutional wars and increase the police state at home. The president would not be required to consult or get permission from Congress and the American people when engaging in military action against foreign nations. Dropping depleted uranium bombs and firing Tomahawk cruise missiles into populous cities is now described as “kinetic military action” and formal declarations by Congress are no longer required.
Following Dr. Paul’s appearance on the Alex Jones Show, the Senate Foreign Relations Committee by a wide margin passed the resolution backing Obama on Libya. The resolution supposedly bars the use of ground troops and expires within a year. Far too many congressional resolutions, however, are routinely violated, not excluding and not incidentally Obama’s previous limitation under the War Powers Act, itself an abrogation of the Constitution.
Verse of the DayThe LORD thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken; — Deuteronomy 18:15 (KJV)
DONATEOR USE A CREDIT CARD
- Build A DIY Generator From A Lawnmower (Total Project Cost $40!) December 9, 2013http://www.instructables.com/id/Lawnmower-Power-Generator-With-A-Twist/?download=pdf This is a 500 watt power generator big enough to power tools, and home electronics. If you try plugging in kitchen appliances, heaters, window AC units etc….it will shut down, you need a 2k-3k watt power converter for large power comsumption appliances.. It’s not difficult […]
- NSA, GCHQ ‘planted agents’ into World of Warcraft, Second Life to spy on gamers December 9, 2013World of Warcraft (Image from todofondosdejuegos.com) Trends NSA leaksTags Intelligence, Internet, Snowden, UK, USA The NSA and the UK’s GCHQ spying agencies have collected players’ charts and deployed real-life agents into online World of Warcraft and Second Life games, a new leak by whistleblower Edward Snowden has revealed. An NSA document from 2008, titl […]
- Who murdered Nikola Tesla and Why? Deathbed Confessions Inside. December 9, 2013From the April 2007 Idaho Observer: Deathbed confessions, photos support claims that George H. Scherf(f), Jr., was the 41st U.S. president According to Otto Skorzeny, pictured is the Scherff family and a few friends (circa 1938). Holding “Mother” Scherff’s hand at left is Martin Bormann. In front is Reinhardt Gehlen. In back […]
- Florida Cop Arrested For Wearing ‘Anonymous’ Mask Warns ‘There’s A War Coming’ (Video) December 7, 2013The police officer arrested for refusing to remove his “Anonymous” mask at an anti-Obamacare rally gave an interview to Red Pill Philosophy and WeAreChange in which he said that “there’s a war coming” and “it’s time to fight.” Well I think that this is this man’s own personal opinion I do see where he is coming […]
- BREAKING: China to Setup 2nd ADIZ off Philippines!! Russia Flies Bombers to Japan. Japan Airforce on Alert December 7, 2013Japan Scrambles Fighter Jets to Track Russian Bombers TOKYO, December 6 (RIA Novosti) – Japan placed its air force on alert on Friday after two Russian Tupolev Tu-95 Bear strategic bombers flew near its airspace, the Japanese military said. The two Russian bombers reportedly flew near Japan’s northernmost Hokkaido island and flew above […]
- Billboard in Lima Harvests Drinking Water Out of Thin Air December 7, 2013http://www.archdaily.com/416471/ ” The water is dispensed at the bottom of the structure by nearby residents, who have been able to collect 9,450 liters of clean drinking water from this single billboard in just 3 short months. “ Billboard in Lima Harvests Drinking Water Out of Thin Air […]
- What’s Canada up to? December 7, 2013A recently leaked draft of the Trans-Pacific Partnership’s Internet Censorship plan confirmed our worst fears: the TPP is a dream come true for Big Media lobbyists and a nightmare for Internet users. Despite mounting public opposition, the U.S. negotiators advancing the controversial censorship proposals aren’t backing down. We’ve learned that in just a coup […]
- Video – Pipeline Protest Shuts down Major Intersection In Vancouver – Dec 2 2013 December 3, 2013Pipeline Protest Shuts down Major Intersection In Vancouver’s Downtown core During Rush Hour At the Corner of Main and Hastings . The Video was taken at about 5:17 PST. The protest was captured by a man living in Vancouver’s DTES (Down Town East Side_. The Protest was unknown to have been scheduled by John who […]
- Earth Shaking 3,000 Year-Old-Text Discovered & Decoded That May Forever Change History–Must See! (Videos & Pics) December 3, 2013Lyn Leahz | 12-01-2013 | Before It’s News (News video regarding 3,000 year old decoded find is below and also mentioned in above video.) King David. The shepherd boy. The King. The lustful. The adulterer. The murderer. The Psalmist. The Warrior. The musician. The husband of many. The father of […]
- Allen West: EPA Engaging In Backdoor Gun Control. No Lead Means No Bullets December 3, 2013Allen West: EPA Engaging In Backdoor Gun Control. No Lead Means No Bullets Excerpted from ALLEN B WEST: I am one who steers very clear of tinfoil hat conspiracy theories. I often believe progressives plant stories in order to distract and disrupt, enabling them to pursue their true goals and objectives. That’s why I […]
- Build A DIY Generator From A Lawnmower (Total Project Cost $40!) December 9, 2013
TagsALIENS BANKS Canada CHINA COMET ELENIN Congressman CORRUPTION COURTS Crisis ECONOMY Enviroment FAITH Federal Reserve Foreign Fukushima GOD GOVERNMENT Health JAPAN JUSTICE Law legislation Liberty Middle East MILITARY Nasa NUCLEAR NWO OBAMA OIL PEACE POLICE PRESIDENT Privacy Rights Ron Paul Russia SCIENCE SPACE Syria TECHNOLOGY UFO USA WAR WORLD