On Friday, the U.S. House overwhelmingly rejected two unconstitutional resolutions pertaining to Obama’s attack on Libya.
The first would have authorized the attack for a period of a year. The second was peddled as a war limitation measure. It would have given Obama authority to continue not only the Libya attack, but other kinetic military actions currently underway.
“Mr. Speaker I rise to oppose this legislation, which masquerades as a limitation of funds for the president’s war on Libya but is in fact an authorization for that very war,” Texas representative Ron Paul said before the resolutions failed.
According to HR 2278, the US military cannot be involved in NATO’s actions in Libya, with four important exceptions. If this passes, for the first time the president would be authorized to use US Armed Forces to engage in search and rescue; intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance; aerial refueling; and operational planning against Libya. Currently, absent an authorization or declaration of war, these activities are illegal. So instead of ending the war against Libya, this bill would legalize nearly everything the president is currently doing there.
Paul said he would support any “straight and clean” prohibition on illegal authority to team up with the United Nations and NATO against Libya.
During an appearance on the Alex Jones Show on Tuesday, Paul noted that presidents have waged war without constitutional authority since Truman and the creation of the national security state. North Korea, Vietnam, Bosnia, now Libya – all are illegal exercises of military power, Paul explained. Presidents now get token permission from Congress to start wars.
“I was surprised too see congressman [Jerrold] Nadler, a big Democrat, come out and say Obama is becoming an emperor just as you said weeks ago, [this would be] the last nail in the republic’s coffin if Congress lets the president not even consult Congress and say ‘my authority comes from the UN, I’ve done this for the legitimacy of the UN,’” Alex Jones said during the interview. “Sir, is that not sedition? Is that not treason? Is it not impeachable what president Obama has done with this whole Libya thing and now they are getting the whole ground invasion ready?”
“Sure,” Ron Paul replied.
If the appropriation bill passes, Paul warned, it will codify illegal and unconstitutional wars and increase the police state at home. The president would not be required to consult or get permission from Congress and the American people when engaging in military action against foreign nations. Dropping depleted uranium bombs and firing Tomahawk cruise missiles into populous cities is now described as “kinetic military action” and formal declarations by Congress are no longer required.
Following Dr. Paul’s appearance on the Alex Jones Show, the Senate Foreign Relations Committee by a wide margin passed the resolution backing Obama on Libya. The resolution supposedly bars the use of ground troops and expires within a year. Far too many congressional resolutions, however, are routinely violated, not excluding and not incidentally Obama’s previous limitation under the War Powers Act, itself an abrogation of the Constitution.
- Russia Sinks Ship to Blockade Ukrainian Navy Port March 7, 2014Thursday, 06 March 2014 21:52 March 6, 2014 @ 9:55 PM EST — (TRN) The Russian navy placed the decommissioned Russian anti-submarine vessel Ochakov, from the Black Sea fleet, in the middle of the entrance to the Ukrainian Navy home port, then SANK that old Russian ship to permanently block the Ukrainian Navy from […]
- Horrific Birth Defects Ignored In Washington State March 7, 2014
- WHAT? God Sending Jews Into Mosques in Israel and Leading Them to Christ? Check THIS Out! March 7, 2014Source: http://ppsimmons.blogspot.com/2014/03/what-god-sending-jews-into-mosques-in.html […]
- Syrian Muslims Force Christians To Sign Covenant, Convert To Islam Or Face Death March 6, 2014In case you were wondering, these Syrian Islamists who are terrorizing, torturing and murdering Syria’s Christians are the very same Muslim “freedom fighters” that […]
- Dalai Lama To Lead Senate Opening Prayer On Thursday March 6, 2014 March 6, 2014The Dalai Lama will step in for Chaplain Barry Black to lead the U.S. Senate’s opening prayer on Thursday, March 6, 2014 according to the Chaplain’s office. The Director of Communications for Chaplain Black’s office told The Huffington Post that Senator Reid nominated the Tibetan spiritual leader to lead Thursday’s prayer in the […]
- THE CRIMEAN PYRAMIDS March 6, 2014There are said to exist 37 pyramids on the Crimean peninsula down southeast along the coast line. 7 underground pyramids – as claimed - were found by Dr.Gokh near Sebastopol(lat.44°36’14” N/33°33′ E). http://www.tryukraine.com/news/2007/05.shtml report of a personal meeting with Dr.Gokh http://www.philipcoppens.com/nap_art1.html report by the renowned autho […]
- Ugandan Minister for Ethics & Integrity says men raping girls is natural March 6, 2014The Right Reverend Father Simon Lokodo, the current State Minister for Ethics & Integrity in Uganda, claims men raping girls is natural, and seems to imply heterosexual rape is morally preferable to consensual homosexual activity. Father Lokodo claims to have several degrees in theology, and apparently considers himself to be a […]
- World’s oldest pyramid found in Crimea March 6, 2014SIMFEROPIL/ AQMESCIT (QHA) – A Ukrainian scientist discovered the oldest pyramid in the world. Most interestingly, it was found in the most beautiful corner of the country, in Crimea. As the ICTV channel reported, the finding was revealed by accident, when during his test alternative methods of finding water Ukrainian scientist Vitalii Goh […]
- Fireball Over New Mexico Explodes and Burns Brighter Than Moon! 3/6/14 March 6, 2014
- “Flying Saucer” files among leaked Snowden documents March 6, 2014NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden released a a file containing slides of a “flying saucer” By Staff Writer (INTELLIHUB) — A large number of classified images created by British spy agency GCHQ – Government Communications Headquarters, was recently released by NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden. Among those images, some of the most interesting are those depicti […]
- Russia Sinks Ship to Blockade Ukrainian Navy Port March 7, 2014
DONATEOR USE A CREDIT CARD