The New American 
Friday, May 11, 2012
The Chinese government is pursuing an extensive strategy to close down Protestant house churches throughout the country, a Christian human rights organization has reported. According to China Aid Association , a group “committed to promoting religious freedom and the rule of law in China” its website explains, in 2010 the Chinese government launched a three-phase campaign to stamp out “illegal” churches, and to move all Protestant congregations under the umbrella of the government approved system known as the Three-Self Patriotic Movement .
“In December 2010, the Communist Party Central Committee’s Public Security Commission issued a secret document to target China’s ‘house churches’ in implementing its special suppression campaign ‘Operation Deterrence,’ ” explained a China Aid report. “Government officials of all levels were told to ‘guide’ Christians attending those unregistered churches to worship in government-approved Three-Self churches, and to ‘break up’ large churches like Shouwang Church into small groups.”
In early 2011 the world began to get a sense of China’s renewed animosity toward churches that refuse to toe the Communist Party line as government authorities launched a systematically assault on the Shouwang Church, a thriving congregation in Beijing. The congregation of over 1,000 worshippers had been regularly harassed since its launch in 1993, being thwarted in its attempts to rent or purchase a building in which to hold services. Beginning on Easter Sunday 2011, the congregation was forced to hold its services outdoors, and in the ensuing months the congregations pastors were placed under house arrest and its members forced to meet in secret house meetings.
Most recently, in April 2012, police detained 12 church members who had attempted to gather for an outdoor service, according to China Aid. While three members were quickly released, the others held for several hours of interrogation, and separate member was detained in a hotel for two days. “In the past year … our experience of the Lord differs every week,” one of the pastors wrote of the persecution the church has faced. “It is His grace and peace that have protected us and sustained us until now. May the power and glory of the Lord become our strength while waiting for God in this difficult circumstance.”
China Aid recalled that during a radio interview in October 2011, Wang Zuo’an, head of the Chinese government’s State Administration for Religious Affairs (SARA), confirmed China’s renewed attack on Protestant churches. “According to the Regulations on Religious Affairs promulgated by State Council, religious groups need to follow the related regulations and register with the government,” Wang emphasized in the interview. “Nevertheless, a well-known fact is that many Christians of China spontaneously get together and meet at illegal and unregistered locations. The number of these believers is not clear to us. They call themselves ‘house churches.’ Western countries call them ‘underground churches’ ”
As reported by Compass Direct News Service , the government’s eradication plan was outlined in a document released last September during a training class for “Patriots in the Christian Community,” run by SARA. In the first phase of the crackdown, from January through June 2012, local authorities were being ordered to conduct a thorough investigation of house churches throughout China, creating extensive file on each them. In phase two, over the ensuing two or three years, government officials will be expected to pressure churches not yet registered with the government to affiliate with the Three-Self Patriotic Movement. In phase three, to be completed within ten years, churches that do not comply with the government’s wishes will be shut down.
According to the document, the government is also banning the use of the term “house church,” as well as all websites and other media related to the unapproved congregations, and will implement the use of the official term “house gatherings,” which refers to groups meeting under the umbrella of the Three Self Patriotic Movement.
A recent survey conducted by the China Aid Association found that over 95 percent of house church leaders in China said they had already been impacted by the government crackdown, with 85 percent saying that local religious affairs offices had created investigative files on their groups.
“Since the beginning of 2012, we have noticed an increase in the frequency of persecution,” China Aid said in a press statement. “In addition to the continuing persecution of Shouwang Church in Beijing, the number of similar cases has risen 20 percent over last year and has spread into other areas, including Christian education, publication, and bookstores.”
The government crackdown, known as “Operation Deterrence,” calls for the creation of files on all Protestant clergy in order to facilitate the implementation of China’s Regulations on Religious Affairs. “Churches led by clergy who are not certified under this system will then be at greater risk of being shut down,” reported Compass Direct. At the same time, the China Christian Council and the Three Self Patriotic Movement are introducing joint “Training Sessions for Ministerial Certification” across China. According to China Aid, these training sessions include instruction on China’s Regulations on Religious Affairs and an emphasis on the need for patriotism among church members.
URLs in this post:
 The New American: http://thenewamerican.com/world-news/asia/item/11360-china-launches-campaign-to-eradicate-house-churches
 China Aid Association: http://www.chinaaid.org/2012/04/chinaaid-special-report-chinese.html
 Three-Self Patriotic Movement: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three-Self_Patriotic_Movement
 Compass Direct News Service: http://www.compassdirect.org/english/country/china/article_1517450.html
Verse of the DayTherefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel. — Isaiah 7:14 (KJV)
DONATEOR USE A CREDIT CARD
- [WATCH] 90 Car Pile Up in Wisconson Caught on Tape December 11, 2013This footage, captured by a Department of Transportation traffic camera, shows how a multiple-vehicle crash unfolded Sunday near Lannon Road on Highway 41/45 in Germantown. No casualties. Read more at http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=5b4_1386649076#0srd1y5t3jQTxZ3M.99 Download A copy of the video here: https://shared.com/hjgur2fhji?s=dd http://goo.gl/owSqsR […]
- Christians Are Being Burned Alive, Beheaded, Crucified, Tortured To Death And Imprisoned In Metal Shipping Containers December 11, 2013The “coming persecution of Christians” has already begun. It is already here. So why is the mainstream media in the United States almost totally silent about this phenomenon? When some politician somewhere around the globe inadvertently offends homosexuals or Muslims, it instantly makes headline news. But very few Americans are […]
- X22Report:The Push For War With China Is Now Escalating December 11, 2013In this latest video from the X22Report we learn that there is a major new push for war with China as China and Japan are rapidly escalating towards war while Japan turns into a dictatorship, along with the USA under Obama, with secrecy laws prevailing over truth. With the US dollar about to lose […]
- Obama’s Back Dated & Forged Selective Service Form Hits Washington Times In Full Page Ad – ??? December 11, 2013How can this be? We do not make this stuff up we just share it folks. Thanks ~Q~ TheWatchTowers.com Freedom Outpost Tim Brown Someone has finally decided to put out Barack Obama’s forged documents in some mainstream papers. On Monday, CDR Charles Kerchner (Retired) took out a full page ad […]
- Second release of secret Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement documents December 11, 2013Source: Wikileaks On 13 November 2013 WikiLeaks released the draft text of the crucial Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement (TPP) Intellectual Property chapter during the lead-up to a TPP chief negotiators’ meeting in Salt Lake City on 19-24 November 2013. Today, 9 December 2013, WikiLeaks has released two more secret TPP […]
- Protesting ‘Gays’ Urge Murder, Castration of Christians December 11, 2013It happened Dec. 2, 2013, in Buenos Aires, Argentina. LifeSiteNews.com broke the story with the headline: “Violent mob of topless pro-abort feminists attacks praying men defending cathedral.” The raw footage is disturbing to the extreme (warning: viewer discretion advised for nudity, lesbian lewdness and violence. A censored version is […]
- Build A DIY Generator From A Lawnmower (Total Project Cost $40!) December 9, 2013http://www.instructables.com/id/Lawnmower-Power-Generator-With-A-Twist/?download=pdf This is a 500 watt power generator big enough to power tools, and home electronics. If you try plugging in kitchen appliances, heaters, window AC units etc….it will shut down, you need a 2k-3k watt power converter for large power comsumption appliances.. It’s not difficult […]
- NSA, GCHQ ‘planted agents’ into World of Warcraft, Second Life to spy on gamers December 9, 2013World of Warcraft (Image from todofondosdejuegos.com) Trends NSA leaksTags Intelligence, Internet, Snowden, UK, USA The NSA and the UK’s GCHQ spying agencies have collected players’ charts and deployed real-life agents into online World of Warcraft and Second Life games, a new leak by whistleblower Edward Snowden has revealed. An NSA document from 2008, titl […]
- Who murdered Nikola Tesla and Why? Deathbed Confessions Inside. December 9, 2013From the April 2007 Idaho Observer: Deathbed confessions, photos support claims that George H. Scherf(f), Jr., was the 41st U.S. president According to Otto Skorzeny, pictured is the Scherff family and a few friends (circa 1938). Holding “Mother” Scherff’s hand at left is Martin Bormann. In front is Reinhardt Gehlen. In back […]
- Florida Cop Arrested For Wearing ‘Anonymous’ Mask Warns ‘There’s A War Coming’ (Video) December 7, 2013The police officer arrested for refusing to remove his “Anonymous” mask at an anti-Obamacare rally gave an interview to Red Pill Philosophy and WeAreChange in which he said that “there’s a war coming” and “it’s time to fight.” Well I think that this is this man’s own personal opinion I do see where he is coming […]
- [WATCH] 90 Car Pile Up in Wisconson Caught on Tape December 11, 2013
TagsALIENS BANKS Canada CHINA COMET ELENIN Congressman CORRUPTION COURTS Crisis ECONOMY Enviroment FAITH Federal Reserve Foreign Fukushima GOD GOVERNMENT Health JAPAN JUSTICE Law legislation Liberty Middle East MILITARY Nasa NUCLEAR NWO OBAMA OIL PEACE POLICE PRESIDENT Privacy Rights Ron Paul Russia SCIENCE SPACE Syria TECHNOLOGY UFO USA WAR WORLD